On the TV show, NCIS, Jethro Gibbs has a list of rules that his team works by. When I was watching the seventh season, I decided to make my own list of rules ’cause “Everybody needs a code to live by”. My list differs from Gibbs’; it doesn’t contain “Never go anywhere without a knife” or “Never mess with a Marines coffee…if you want to live”. My list is things I have learned on this journey and things I try to live by.
1. Always trust that voice in your head.
2. Cry when you need to.
3. Don’t set your hope up so high that they get crushed.
4. Never suspect.
5. Take time to soak in the beauty around you.
6. Break the rules every now and then.
7. Believe in yourself.
8. Think before you speak.
9. Try to wait. Good things happen to those who wait.
10. Don’t be judgemental.
11. Always try your best it’s all you can do.
12. Be aware of your surroundings.
13. Ignore the devil at all costs.
14. Always be there for your friends.
15. Pay attention to detail.
16. Second chances are a gift, don’t spoil them.
BEWARE: THIS LIST IS MOST LIKELY TO GET LONGER.